Putting you and your family at the heart of the matter
If you’re going through family issues, it can be difficult to know where to turn for advice. That’s why a of specialist public access barrister will take the time to fully understand your personal circumstances, helping you to find practical, workable solutions.
Our specialist barristers, based in across the uk have decades of experience helping individuals and families to deal with a wide range of issues, including divorce and separation, prenuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements, domestic violence and more.
With a focus on practical advice and non-confrontational dispute resolution, they will aim to help you find fast, effective solutions to your family legal issues while keeping conflict to a minimum.
To speak to a public access barrister today, contact us on 0345 066 1920
Our family law services
Our aim is to find the right solution for you, whilst minimising both the emotional and financial cost to your family. We offer to connect you to expert legal advice on a range of family issues, providing a comprehensive service for your whole family.
Divorce and separation
We can help guide you through getting divorced or separating, helping to keep the process amicable wherever possible through methods such as mediation and collaborative law.
Our public access divorce and separation barristers may help with:
- Starting divorce proceedings
- Responding to divorce proceedings
- Agreeing grounds for divorce
- Making a financial settlement
- Making arrangements for children
Private finance advice
A public access barrister can help you reach a financial settlement when getting divorced, ensuring you achieve a fair settlement and financial stability for the future.
Our private finance advice services include:
- Negotiating a financial settlement
- Taking court action to achieve a settlement
- Taking court action to enforce a financial settlement
Legal advice regarding children
A specialist family barrister will take a non-confrontational approach to resolving disputes over children wherever possible, protecting your rights and your children’s best interests while helping you to maintain positive relationships with their other parents and carers.
An experienced public access barrister will be able to assist with the following:
- Making childcare arrangements after divorce or separation
- Residence and contact orders
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Social services and care proceedings
- Support for grandparents and other family carers
- Childcare disputes
Civil partnership disolution
Your barrister will offer support for all of the legal issues surrounding civil partnerships, allowing you to plan for the future, grow your family and deal with any issues if your relationship ends.
Our civil partnerships services include:
- Pre-registration agreements for civil partnerships
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Financial settlements for civil partnership dissolution
- Arrangements for children after civil partnership dissolution
- Adoption and fostering
- Surrogacy, donor conception and fertility treatment
Whether you are getting married or choosing to live with a partner without getting married, a barrister can help you make sure your interests are protected for the future.
Our prenuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements services:
- Creating prenups and cohabitation agreements
- Reviewing and amending prenups and cohabitation agreements
- Ensuring your agreements meet the standard to be considered by a judge
If you or a loved one have been the victim of domestic abuse, whether physical or verbal, we can take immediate action to keep you safe and help you get the support you need.
Our domestic violence services include:
- Non-Molestation Court Orders (preventing your partner threatening you, harassing you or coming near you)
- Occupation Orders (forcing your partner to leave your home)
- Taking action for breach of injunction
- Referring you to appropriate support services
International child abduction
A highly specialised direct access barrister may assist you if your child has been brought to the UK without your permission, you have brought your child to the UK without their other parent’s consent, you want to relocate to another country, or you are worried your child is at risk of abduction by their other parent.
Our international child abduction services include:
- Notifying police
- Ensuring you have parental responsibility for your child
- Applying for a Prohibited Steps Order (PSO) to prevent your child from being taken abroad
- Referring you to the appropriate services if your child has already been taken abroad without your consent
Mediation and collaborative law
We are happy to connect you with specialists in non-confrontational family dispute resolution, sometimes known as alternative dispute resolution. This can allow you to quickly and cost-effectively resolve family disputes without the need for court action.
Our mediation services can help with:
- Divorce and separation
- Financial settlements
- Childcare arrangements
- Child contact disputes
- Disputes over grandparents access to grandchildren
Public law care proceedings
Our public access barristers are highly experienced in public law care proceedings and can advise and represent you to ensure your rights are respected and your child’s best interests are protected.
Their public law care proceedings services include:
- Care Orders
- Supervision Orders
- Representation during care proceedings
Family law expertise
When it comes to issues relating to your family, we'll direct you toughly specialised public access barrister who will adopt a friendly, sensitive approach, while still offering a swift, professional service. This way, they can help you resolve your legal issue efficiently and effectively with minimal stress.
Many of us are also accredited mediators and trained collaborative lawyers, and we’re also members of the Law Society Legal Family and Children Legal Panels.
Contact us today: ☎️ 0345 066 1920